July 15, 2011

Buggin' out with my "Nita Bug"

This week, me and "Baby Girl" my VW Beetle made our very first road trip ever. Being that I've had my car almost three months now and had yet to let her burn some rubber, I decided that my grandmother's birthday was the perfect excuse to put some miles on my baby. So, I gassed up and hit the road. My grandma, who by the way insists that she isn't old and therefore that we call her Nina (and who has over the years also earned the nickname "Nita Bug") was more than just a little surprised to see me and my little blue bug roll into her yard.


                                                                             

True to grandmother fashion, my Nina had me chauffeur her around town everywhere from her mother's house even further out into the country than her house, to her job where she couldn't wait to take me inside to meet all her co-workers. For a fun filled day with my Nina I decided to keep it casual and cute, sporting a new pair of skinny leg jeans that I happened to come across in Ross Dress For Less while I was on vacation in Miami and an orange halter top with tribal beading that I got from Rue21 about 2 years ago (Everything that was once old is new again, right?) Of course I can't go anywhere without a pair of my coveted sunglasses and a simple pair of flats helped to complete my look.

In my family the shopaholic syndrome is definitely inherited. Me, my Nina, and my younger cousin Yaliana spent the entire day shopping, I lucked up on a cute floral dress and a sparkly gold Jessica Simpson number that I'm saving for the perfect occasion. I just hope I can still fit into it after all the good food I ate, especially my Great Grandma Mae's creamed corn...It's just something about grandparent's cooking!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Nina!

-xoxo
Kisses from Kierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment