July 7, 2013

Kiki the Riveter


For the 4th of July I didn't set out to look like Rosie the Riveter, but somehow I did...and loved it! I had spent much of the morning preparing for my family's annual 4th of July cookout by setting up decorations and helping my mom and dad with food, so the red scarf had been in my hair most of the day. When it got time for me to get dressed, I was to lazy to fool with my hair so I searched my closet for something that would make it look like my red scarf was an intentional part of my outfit. Which is exactly why this thrifted Ann Taylor shirt dress was the perfect option.


Once I had the dress on, I realized that I looked a lot like Rosie the Riveter. I'm all about Girl Power and being a strong woman, so I actually liked the look a lot. I happened to have a Rosie the Riveter pin that I purchased from the gift shop at Pearl Harbor, so I threw it on and laced up my white Keds! 

Scarf: Dollar Tree/ Dress: Ann Taylor (Thrifted)/ Shoes: Keds/ Pin: Pearl Harbor Gift Shop
What do you think of my Rosie the Riveter inspired look? 


No comments:

Post a Comment