August 11, 2014

Werk.


If you follow me on Instagram, you've known for about a month now that I'm officially a member of Corporate America. The transition to 9-5 life has been an interesting one but I think I'm finally starting to figure out the work/life balance and am glad to be back from my  [unanticipated] blogging hiatus! 

My current position is as an executive for one of the nation's premier retailers. That being said my work wardrobe is 95 percent black but, because I work in such a fashion oriented business and will forever be a fashionista at heart, I've made a point to create a work wardrobe that includes more than black suit separates.

 These past five weeks I've had lots of fun experimenting with different textures and fabrics and maybe a bit too much fun buying funky accessories to add some flair to my professional looks.This is a typical work outfit for me - polished, sleek and stylish. I'm particularly smitten with this faux-leather dress because it can easily be transitioned into the fall with boots and tights. These color block wedges are also my latest obsession. Not only are they comfortable but look great with nearly everything. 

Dress: Gianni Bini (similar) / Wedges: Express / Bag: Michael Kors / Bracelets: Charming Charlie / Rings: Express 
 Even though this outfit is for work, something about it screams "Werk." -- and that's exactly how I like it. Who says professional attire has to lack pizzazz? 

No comments:

Post a Comment