June 7, 2014

Well Said, Mr. Kelly: Macy's Style Event

Clinton Kelly, Macy's Style Expert 
I lived out one of my childhood fantasies yesterday when I attended a Macy's Style Event hosted by none other than, Clinton Kelly. I RSVP'd before the event and my younger sister was my plus one. Together we watched as CK did everything from offer solicited style advice to a member of the audience, tell about his time working as a singing waiter after college, and of course, style 6 beautiful models in clothing that the everyday woman could recreate. 

CK evaluating this brave audience member's outfit. 
My second favorite look of the night. Clinton emphasized mixing prints this season! 
Clinton removing the tag off of one of the model's backside. Lol
My favorite look of the night! Unfortunately, this was the only dress in the store, but it is online
Oh, how I need this dress! 

Clinton offered a plethora of style (and life) advice last night. One thing he said that definitely registered with me is "Fashion is like a buffet....style is what you put on your plate." His personal mantra is also one that I've decided to adopt, "Wear something cute and don't take any crap." Well said, Mr.Kelly! 




No comments:

Post a Comment