March 30, 2012

32 Flavors

 Every now and then I run across an album or song that seems to be the current soundtrack for my life. Lately that soundtrack has included a little of Melanie Fiona's sophomore album The MF Life, but even more of music new comer, Elle Varner's mixtape Conversational LushInspired by the bright colors on the cover art of Elle's mixtape, I decided to put together this little combination. 







Cover art for Conversational Lush 

My favorite song on Elle's mixtape is hands down the track "32 Flavors," hence the title of this post. Check these lyrics from the song: 

"Squint your eyes, and look closer
I'm not between you and your ambition
I'm a poster girl with no poster
I am 32 flavors and then some
I'm beyond your peripheral vision
So you might wanna turn your head
Cause one day you might find you are hungry
And eating most of the words you just--
Said"

My colorful outfit consisted of a purple v-neck tee from Gap, yellow capris from T.J. Maxx, pink Nine West  Wedges, and this multi-colored beaded necklace that I adore from Rue21. My pink purse is from the Jessica Simpson Collection. I was a little hesitant at first to wear all of these bright colors, but hey--every now and then you've got to take a fashion risk!

Would you every wear this many colors at once? 

P.S. Be sure to take a look at my latest CocoKouture articles! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this look! The bright colors are awesome and right on trend for spring/summer... And EV's mixtape is on repeat on my I phone! Thanks for stopping by thenouxrejekt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete