November 11, 2013

Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Clothes

Shirt: Forever 21 (Similar) / Skirt: Thrifted (Similar)/ Belt: Express (Similar) / Shoes: c/o Deb/ Clutch: Charlotte Russe (Similar

If you've never heard the term "Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Clothes" you're probably not from the South. Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Clothes are the sharpest items you have in your closet, that are reserved for special occasions (Sunday Morning Church Service, a Date, Funeral or Wedding) and when you want to make a good impression. I pulled out my Sunday's best yesterday for Church and a lunch date with my little sister. 

Though I think it is important to wear modest dress to church, I don't think style should be omitted from the equation. Alone both my thrifted houndstooth skirt and floral printed blouse make for modest separates, but put together they created a noticeably stylish pair. My sparkly pink belt proved to be the perfect accent and my caged heels from Deb were also a good accessory for this particular look.  

Also, I typically am hesitant to mix prints but the cohesion that existed between this shirt and skirt was undeniable. It was ultra feminine and I felt very much like a Southern Belle should when she gets all dolled up in her Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Clothes! 

4 comments:

  1. I really had never heard the term "Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Clothes" but thank you for enlightning me :) Love the blouse and the shoes. I hope your Sunday and the lunch was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you styled this! It's such a great mix of prints, textures and colors! Looks great!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous - the shoes are my personal fave!
    Jo x
    http://bancroften.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete