September 14, 2014

Altuzarra X Target Review



So, this morning I was up by 7:25 a.m. and headed out the door by 7:40 a.m. so that I could be among the first to enter the doors of my local Target and score all the pieces from the Altuzarrra for Target collection that I've been salivating over for the past two weeks. First up on my list of must buys was the red velvet Ruby Hill blazer and matching tuxedo pant. The first Target I went to didn't have it so I drove to another Target location twenty minutes away only to be underwhelmed. 

Exscuse my N.C. State hat and undone hair...it was 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning! 
I am a true to size 4 (27 waist) but my hips were begging for a size 6 as you can see by the gathering of the pants around the crotch. The jacket concerned me in that it was very wrinkly and didn't appear to be the type of clothing article to hold its shape for very long. I will say that the black tuxedo pant was more forgiving than the red velvet and that the peplum jacket had a better structure. 


I also tried on the satin orchid print oxford shirt with the jacquard print black skirt. Again, in theory, I loved the shirt but it was very thin and in my opinion, one wash away from being stretched out of shape.I especially loved the angled split of the skirt and just maybe will go back for it.

Dress in size 2
Of all the things that I tried on, it was this piece that left me the most torn largely in part due to sizing. I tried the dress in both a two and a four. The two cinched at my waist very nicely and also fit well across the bust but, being the pear shape that I am made me look like I was busting at the seams on the bottom. In the four I didn't have the same definition at the waist and bust, but it was definitely more forgiving to my hips and thighs. Homecoming is coming up soon and I could easily imagine wearing this stunner (with a few alterations) to one of the social Young Alumni events. My plan is to keep and eye out for it and if it looks like it'll be around long enough for me to purchase it at clearance price it will likely be mine. Otherwise, I will be inclined to believe that it just wasn't meant for me. 

Overall, I still think the designs are beautiful, but just wish the the quality of some of the pieces was a little better. I've come to expect a lot from Target and had every intention of walking out of there this morning with my shopping bags full. Did any of you have better luck than me? 

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it would matter if you sized up on the pants, me and a lot of other girls were having the same problem. Which is a shame because the pants were really cute and soft! :D Great review, check mine out if you have a chance.
    -Franci
    www.TheFashionPalate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Franci! I think your absolutely right which is why I ultimately decided to leave them.

      Delete
  2. You're so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! - I ended up with the crane dress, tuxedo jacket and the snakeskin wrap dress. They seemed to be made well...

    Many of the dresses that had been promoted before the launch just looked cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I really wanted the Ruby Hill wrap dress but the material was not very nice and it definitely would require a pair of spanks to hide lumps and bumps!

      Delete