June 5, 2012

Put a Little Pep in Your Step


Since I've been home for Summer vacation, all I've done has been eat, sleep, and blwatch.
Blwatch-  a blogger's version of twatching/ Facebook stalking
Today I decided to hop out of my pajamas and put a little pep in my step...literally. 

Peplum has been one of the biggest trends to reemerge this season. With every star from Kim Kardashian to Emma Stone embracing the look, I thought it was only right that I try my hand at in a kakhi and black striped peplum shirt. You can also get inspired to play with peplum in my latest article for Cocokouture


This outfit seemed to me the ultimate combination of prissy meets casual, perfect for a girl on the go! 
Besides actually putting on decent clothes, I was also really excited about my new Gianni Bini shades that I lucked up on for....$1.58! 

Photo Credit
For months now I have admired Beyonce's round Linda Farrow for the Row shades. Thanks to a little serendipity I ran across this more budget friendly pair. Normally, I'm not a fan of Beyonce's off stage fashions, but these shades...oh buddy!


Acessories were lite. A ring that belongs to my mother, black bracelet from Forever21 and necklace I got on sale at Charlotte Russe a couple of years ago. 

Shirt: Marshalls- $14.99
Capris: New York & Company (old) - $10.00
Sandals: Rugged Wearhouse- $12.99
Bag: Jessica Simpson- $98.00
Shades: Gianni Bini- $1.58
Necklace: Charlotte Russe- $5.00

All in all I liked my look, but whats your opinion. Was it a hit, or should 
 I have saved my $1.58 for the dollar menu? 


Also, don't forget to continue submitting entries for the crowning of the first ever Miss So Sophisticated! The deadline is 6/21/ 12. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this look on you! That peplum blouse is sooo cute! :)

    Chioma
    www.CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad peplum is on trend this year- it's universally flattering! Loved your sandals, too!

    xoxo Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete