June 19, 2012

From Day to Night


Saturday night, was the night I have been looking forward to practically all Summer. It was the night of the Plitz Swimwear Passion for Fashion Designer Showcase.This being my first time attending a Fashion Show, I wasn't sure what to wear--especially since I was attending as press. 




My goal for the night was understated chic, sophisticated without trying too hard.What better way to achieve this look than by wearing pajama pants?  Okay, so maybe not real pajama pants but silk printed pants that resemble sleepwear and just so happen to be one of the biggest trends of the season. 

Pajama Chic
A trend that has been seen of Rihanna, Beyonce, Jessica Alba and as of June 16th, 2012-- me!

Shirt: Forever21- $4.99
Pants: Thrifted- $4.99
Heels: Journeys- $24.99 (Sale)





















In transitioning this outfit from day to night, I simply switched out my flats for nude platform sandals.

I was able to breathe a sigh of relief once at the fashion show, because my outfit seemed to be just right.


I had a blast seeing the various designs come down the runway and was especially blown away by Chanra Maharaj's Zambi line. Above I am pictured with one of her models and my bestfriend who also walked in the show. 

Chandra Maharaj Design

Chandra Maharaj Design 
Chandra and her models 
I was also really thrilled that after interviewing her in the weeks leading up to the show I had the opportunity to finally meet Chandra in person. We took a picture, but there were so many cameras flashing everywhere that I'm looking in a completely different direction...oh well!

Chandra Maharaj and I
So, what's your take on the new pajama trend-- is it super stylish or should it be reserved for lounging around the house only?


1 comment: