June 19, 2012

I'm a Barbie Girl

As a little girl, there was nothing I liked more than playing with my Barbies--more specifically playing dress up with my Barbies. Every time I would go to Wal-Mart or any other store that sold Barbie dolls you could rest assured I was coming out with at least one new Barbie Doll or an outfit for my Barbies. At 20 years old, I no longer play with Barbies but that doesn't mean they don't still hold a special place in my heart! 



That said, imagine my excitement when as walking along Fashion Avenue in NYC this past weekend, I stumbled across a Barbie themed display at the famed, Fashion Institute of Technology! As if it was fate, I also happened to be dressed in a Barbie pink blazer that matched perfectly with the display!



Blazer: Thrifted - $5.00
Sequin Top: Express - $40.00
Shorts: Charlotte Russe- $5.00
Sandals: Ivy & Leo- $19.99
Bag: Thrifted- $5.00
Because I had such an early morning flight to New York, I wanted to wear something that was comfortable and would keep me warm on the flight, but still stylish enough for the city. I decided on denim shorts, my sparkly white top and hot pink thrifted blazer. 


Aside from sightseeing, I also did a little shopping. 




This bag I picked up while thrifting also!

Can't wait to share the rest of the pics from my weekend in New York! 

No comments:

Post a Comment