January 29, 2012

Thug Life.


I won't deny it, I'ma straight rida.



You don't wanna mess with me.


So, maybe you'd be a little more apt to believe me if I didn't have such a huge Kool-aid smile planted  on my face. But even then I'm not really sure how successful I'd be in conceiving someone of my thug mentality. 

WHOMP. 

Not tough however, is believing that my girl Rhi Rhi walks a little on the wild side. 


While Rihanna can get away with American Flag cut off shorts, suspender tights, a fur jacket, and stiletto boots, this girl can't. And I'm not at all afraid to admit it. Which would explain why when I (Kierra, the biggest scaredy cat) set out to put together a wild Rhianna inspired look, I did my best to "stay in my lane" and create something that was a combination of both styles--mine and hers. 


I instead stuck with what was comfortable to me which consisted of my black Forever21 blazer, a white tee, my favorite leopard print scarf from The Limited, cut off shorts, black tights (that did not intially have a run in them), Steve Madden boots, and ancient Forever21 earrings that have been hiding out in my jewelry box for at least 2 years now. I've been wanting to try the whole, tights with denim shorts look for a while, so on a whim I went for it. 




I guess this was the same type of whim that possessed Rihanna to get "Thug Life" tattooed on her knuckles. Now, normally I'm down with Rih and I've always found her style to be impeccable. But, the "Thug Life" tattoo, I just can't get down with it. However, I've always been told " Don't knock it until you try it." Sooo...I tried it. My little cousin tatted me up with a Sharpie Marker. And while I thought perhaps my "new ink" might make me feel invincible or up my street cred...it did neither.  Just goes to show that everything is not for everybody. Thug Life may be Rihann's new motto, but it's not mine. I think I'll instead stick with my old faithful-



"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." 
- Coco Channel 


-xoxo
        Kisses from Kierra 



No comments:

Post a Comment