January 1, 2014

14 Things I Want To Do In 2014


These aren't necessarily New Year's Resolutions or even goals for that matter...just 14 things that I would like to do before 2015.


1. Try Macaroons
I'm not even sure of how to properly pronounce the word, but I'v seen the pretty colored confections all over Instagram and Pinterest and I've got my mind set that I will fix my lips around one before this year comes to an end.

2. Buy a Pair of Sneakers 
The last time I brought a pair of sneakers to wear for fashion purposes was probably in 7th or 8th grade when I rocked Air Force Ones. Its no secret that I love a good pair of heels or a dainty flat, but this year I want to up my shoe game with a funky pair of sneakers.
The view from my window on the way to Hawaii


3. Board a Flight 

My last flight was a 10 hour flight from Raleigh, NC to Honolulu, HA in May of 2013. I'm itching to get back up in the air and off to another destination once again. I probably wont be going to Hawaii again any time soon but a vacation or just a temporary change of scenery would be nice.


 4. Record a Vlog 
So far So Sophisticated. 1992 has consisted primarily of outfit posts. I really want to incorporate new forms of media, so I'm looking forward to recording some vlogs.

5. Read
I've always loved reading but with all the many things I have to do, I'm not always able to read for pleasure as much as I would like. Now that I'm graduating, I'm hoping I will have more time to devote to reading.


6. Graduate! 
There are no ifs ands or buts about it....come May 2014, I'm graduating. Just thought I would add it to the list because I am rather excited about it.

7. Get a Passport 
 There are so many places in the World (can't wait to go to Africa!) that I want to see, obviously that wont be possible without a passport.

8. Try a Pink Lip
I've grown comfortable with red lips, now I think its time to find my signature shade of pink!

9.  Style an All- White Look 
Something about all-white screams style. I've been wanting to put together a monochromatic white look for a while now, so this will be the year that I actually do it.

10. Complete a Squat Challenge 

We've all seen the 30 day squat challenges on Instagram. This year I'm going to actually finish one and hopefully by the time I'm through, I'll no longer be the butt of my sister's jokes (pun intended).

11. Cook Dinner For My Family 
Since going away to school, my cooking skills have improved tremendously. However, my parents and sister continue to tease me about my cooking skills, so I really want to prepare a meal this year that makes it impossible for them to ever tease me about my cooking abilities again.

12. Write a Guest Post
It's been a while since I've written a guest post. One of my last guest posts was for J's Everyday Fashion Blog back in September of 2011. I was so excited to be featured on her site because she was one of my favorite bloggers and it was actually from reading her blog that I got the idea to start my own!

13.  Create a  Vision Board
When my high school graduation rolled around I thought of it as "The End." With my undergraduate career coming to an end it truly feels like the beginning of the rest of my life. I want to create a vision board to help map out my goals and plans for the next few years.

14. Be Happy! 
Is it cliche? Maybe. But being happy is truly something I want to do and be in 2014. At the end of the day, who doesn't?


1 comment:

  1. i am planning to graduate too this year and travel the world too.
    About the sqat challenge: pls don't do it, it's reallly useless and all fit trainers hate it.
    Vision Boards really work and i never stop making them.
    The Chic and Cheap Blog
    The Chic and Cheap Blog on Facebook
    The Chic and Cheap Blog on Instagram
    and on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete