June 4, 2013

Kierra as Kiki Homemaker



I guess the title of this post could be a little misleading given that I'm not a homemaker, but something about this outfit did make me feel Joan Cleaver-esque. 

Dress: Gap




Blazer: Nordstrom (Thrifted) Shoes: Madden Girl (similar) Bag: Kate Spade



Largely because of the A-line shape of my dress and the bold bright colors, I feel like I could have easily fit the role of a 1960s housewife ...too bad I can't cook. I wore this outfit to church on Sunday, and because it can get a little cool in the building, I threw on my sherbert colored blazer. I accessorized with a baby pink and gold spiked necklace I got from the flea market while on vacation in Hawaii, my Michael Kors watch, and multi-colored snake print pumps. My favorite accessory of the day however had to be my new hot pink Kate Spade purse, also one of the goodies I brought back from Hawaii! 


I think subconsciously I knew what I was doing as I was putting this outfit together, because one of my favorite music videos just so happens to be Beyonce's Why Don't You Love Me, in which she portrays a 1960s (scorned) housewife, by the name of  B.B. Homemaker. I've watched it a million times. Check it out below. 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment