September 26, 2013

Going Green To A Cocktail Party

                 



Dress: Belk / Earrings: Francesca's Collection/ Shoes: c/o deb / Clutch: Victoria Secret via Goodwill 
So a few weeks ago I got invited to attend a Blogger Cocktail Party at Saks 5th Avenue and leading up to the event, I had no idea what to wear. I just turned 21 in May and had never been (invited) to a cocktail party before. I've been crazy busy with school here lately so I didn't have a chance to go shopping for anything until the night before. I strolled into Belk at 8:43 p.m. and in 17 minutes flat lucked up on this gorgeous jewel tone stunner. 

The moment I saw it hanging on the rack, I knew that it would go perfectly with the emerald earrings  I purchased earlier this summer at Francesca's. They were on clearance for $5! For a little fun, I added my new cheetah print pumps from Deb and my glittery Victoria Secret clutch. I felt so glamorous! 



I think part of the reason I was so attracted to this dress is because Emerald is my birth stone. I can't wear to it again, perhaps for a more casual occasion. Check back in tomorrow for a recap of the Saks Beauty Event and insider tips on Fall Beauty Trends! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow 21 -- Happy Birthday, I just turned 52! Your outfit was a perfect choice for a cocktail party - brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!

    Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a stunner. Fab pairing with those shoes. Happy 21!

    ReplyDelete